I did some dyeing this weekend. But first I had to go around my neighborhood to do some “shopping” for the right material.
I did found good leaves, but I also saw a men coming out from a driveway with the back of his truck filled with olive branches. I got so excited about trying something a little different from eucalyptus and after he told me to help myself as much as I could.
Then I found these leaves that looks like a type of acacia. Their leaves are very similar to the olive leaves.
After I got home I started working on my bundles right away. I made four bundles and put the whole thing to “cook”.
The hardest part was to wait, so I took my camera and I went for a walk.
A few hours later, I decided that it was time to take them out the pot.
Here are the results:
The Eucalyptus yielded the most bright colors, the acacia-like leaves, left a nice subtle print and the olives didn’t print at all.